Friday, July 18, 2008
Another day on doors...unfortunately after I silently commited myself to a long hard day of work with absolutely no breaks...I found myself upon a Pizza Hut. It's unfortunate incidences like this that make me a horrible door knocker in the ghetto. I don't usually see common commercial stores...I usually see things like bars called "The Other Woman" (I am not making this up) or "Jose's Place" or "Ramirez Auto Parts" LOL...so when I happen upon something familiar...or even a sweet swing set, my legs can't help but lead me there! I'm going to recommit tomorrow though, I promise. I took this time at the hut to call a few siblings and friends and get the lowdown on what's been happening in Utah w/out me.

So I decided to knock some doors. Today was an exceptionally rude day. I got a lot of looks from people that read.."aw...look how cute she is trying to sell me an alarm" nothing makes me more prone to mace their lil chihuahuas sittin behind their locked gates...I have yet to do it, but one day I know I'm goin to snap and someones lil pooch WILL fall victim. :)

The one old man I stopped at I ended up taking over their ADT system. This was to date my fastest sale. Literally took about 13 mins. The surprising part was that his secret password was french. Odd. I swear I landed in Mexico not Texas with all the spanish peeps here, but here is one french mexican! I told him my dad lived in France for about 3 years and that perrier has been a staple in my house growing up. He agreed and I'm pretty sure it was this sick love for carbonated water that sealed the deal for me today...I was excited to be able to say...Bonjour, Comment allez vous? Je'mapple Kim avec securite du vision...je habite du utah...est-ce que tu travailles?....lol...and that was all I could pull from my memory of the 3 years of french I took in highschool...I'm pretty sure I just made a bunch of extra credit crepes to pass that class. Typical Kim. :) I'm also pretty sure I ended the conversation in spanish...either way I walked away 13 min. later pulling the ADT sign out of his flower bed and tossin it in the black tahoe that pulled up to whisk me away to my next set of rude doors. At which point I saw a Whataburger in the distance...LOL...

Posted by Princess Kimberlina at 9:38 PM |

0 Comments: